5 Ways to Simplify Weight Loss
As a hypnotherapist I see many clients who want to lose weight. Losing weight is difficult for many due to the many habits and behaviors that are involved in changing this very complex issue. The habits that need to change are many and the emotional reasons to eat can be complex but there are ways to simplify the process.
- Get leverage on yourself. By this I mean to find ways to increase your motivation. Unless you want to wait until something goes seriously wrong with your health it is important to find the motivation to change. One way to do this is to decide. By making a decision that you are going to do what it takes to get healthy and lose weight you increase your level of commitment.
- Set realistic goals. Don’t overwhelm yourself if you have a rather large amount of excess weight to lose. Instead set smaller goals with time frames and have a long term goal farther out in the future. Then focus on the short term goals.
- Get rid of processed carbs and all fast food. If you did only these two things most people will lose a significant amount of weight and become healthier.
- Notice how you are feeling when you eat at a time that you know you are not actually physically hungry. By feeling, I mean the emotions and or thoughts that trigger the desire to eat. By becoming aware you increase your ability to see what you are doing to yourself more clearly. We all self-sabotage and it all begins in our thoughts.
- Discover activity. Exercise is a great way to improve motivation, mood and energy. It will also help you to burn off some calories and improve your metabolism. As a general rule exercise is not going to make you lose all the weight you desire. However it is an important part of any weight loss program. It also creates the increased desire to eat healthier and by having one positive habit you increase the ability to change.
Using these five steps will help you to lose weight without all the stress and overwhelm. Take them one step at a time and watch what happens.