Improve Sales Performance with Hypnosis and NLP
hypnosis and NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) are powerful tools for sales success. Back in 1981, these techniques became relatively mainstream in sales training circles. The reason these techniques have become so popular in sales is due to their positive impact on the minds of the sales professionals. The other reason for their popularity is their effectiveness at developing more of the potential within those using them. Used properly you can develop more effective, confident high performers. These techniques create change at a deep subconscious level that is inaccessible using conscious mind techniques like talk therapy or sales coaching systems.
1. Turning prospects into clients: Many salespeople start their day with a list, a list of prospects to call or to contact in some way. This is where many in sales go off track. They procrastinate making the initial contacts. Perhaps from fear of the unknown, fear of rejection or some other form of cold call reluctance. Here hypnosis and NLP will be very effective at improving levels of confidence and overcoming procrastination. Overthinking and nonstop research gathering are two favorite methods of procrastination which can be overcome.
2. Improving the sales professional’s technique: One of the main skills lacking in many salespeople is effective listening skills. Listening well and asking relevant questions are skills that are necessary for success. Being able to develop rapport with the prospect is another technique the best salespeople do effortlessly. People will buy from people they perceive to be more like them. Using NLP to build rapport by accessing your prospects buying style will build sales.
3. Closing the sale: No matter how well a person sells or how knowledgeable they are in regards to their product or service, it is irrelevant if they can’t close. This is the part of selling where the rubber meets the road. Asking for the sale is not something that is only done once at the end of the sales process. It is done over and over throughout the sales conversations so that it is almost effortless. Generally, if the salesperson won’t ask for the sale they won’t get the sale. The inability to close usually comes from fear of failure or issues with money or simple lack of confidence. Learning the sellers’ values and the ways they are motivated to achieve will be useful to drive them to the highest level of performance. Using hypnosis/NLP you can move past obstacles and align the sellers’ values with their goals to create a focused approach to closing the sale.
The following are some other ways that hypnosis and NLP will help the salesperson:
- Reframing rejection.
- Improving people skills.
- Increased confidence when selling.
- Improving the ability to overcome distractions.
- Incorporating positive habits into their day.
- Feeling positive instead of pushy or aggressive when asking for referrals.
- Changing the habit of using a large part of the day doing busy work.
- For those already high performers-getting an edge over their competitors.
Sales professionals are some of my favorite clients. They tend to be motivated to change and that’s half the battle. By consistently shifting behaviors and improving their positive mindset while taking action, sales increase and performance of all kinds is improved.