Your Guide to Guilt Free Holidays
Do you leave Thanksgiving gatherings feeling bad about the way the day went? Are you mentally kicking yourself as you travel home? If so you might be suffering from an unhealthy case of holiday guilt.
Following are some ways to get rid of the guilt and enjoy the holidays more.
1. Get into your subconscious mind. Figure out what is the cause of your guilt. When it becomes conscious you can much more easily deal with it.
2. Don’t buy into it. In other words you don’t have to feel guilty, it is a choice. You can and do choose the thoughts you have on a daily basis. Don’t let someone make you feel bad.
3.Increase self confidence. By feeling more confident you can avoid taking on unnecessary guilt. Remember all the things you do for others and let go of what you can’t control.
4. Practice forgiveness. If you can forgive others, you can also forgive yourself.
5. Mentally prepare to be consciously positive. Notice if the conversation is headed to something negative and redirect it to something more positive. I have found that you can redirect conversation fairly easily if you are prepared with some subjects that everyone can relate to and enjoy.
6. Feel grateful. This is what defines Thanksgiving and the holiday season. By practicing gratitude and being thankful we connect to all our positive experiences and feel good in the process.
I work with many people during the holiday’s who have negative feelings that decrease their enjoyment. By changing the way you think you change your perception and therefore your feelings. Soon you feel better and everyone enjoys the holidays much more.