Weight Loss Hypnosis and how it Works
First of all it’s important to understand what hypnosis is and how it works. You can’t hypnotize someone to do something that goes against their core values and beliefs. hypnosis is a permissive process so before you begin to start your weight loss with hypnosis you have to want to lose weight.
That may sound pretty obvious, but many people come to my office with the “I want to lose weight, but I don’t want to have to do anything I don’t like to do” attitude. This is not usually a conscious thought but it is often there. That kind of thinking will create a “diet” mentality and inevitably the person will regain any weight they have lost.
So when the person is determined and really wants to lose weight, I can help them with hypnosis. We work on several different aspects of health in order to make it happen.
- That person’s thoughts and feelings about food need to change.
- Habits in regards to overeating or eating when not hungry also need to be eliminated.
- Moving the body is so important, and so the next step is to improve or create an exercise habit.
- Sleep needs to become a part of the process. If you don’t sleep enough you will not be able to control your appetite.
- The triggers of stress and boredom need to be alleviated. Stress and boredom eating are two of the top reasons to overeat.
I use the power of hypnosis to change and create habits to help the individual change their relationship with food. A major benefit of hypnosis is that it creates automatic behaviors or habits. Meaning you don’t need to remember to eat differently, it will be in your mind. It will also be easier to create an exercise habit. Another benefit is the fact that the state of hypnosis is stress reducing. In studies it has been shown to have a positive effect on depth of “slow wave” sleep.
When you become healthier and your thinking changes that is a prescription for healthy permanent weight loss. Using hypnosis can make it so much easier to change the way you think and feel about food and improve your health as well.